Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

LOVED OUR CRUISE!!!

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

Being a local, I see the ship each time she is in port and always wanted to go aboard. I was not disapointed when I set foot on her and went exploring. Our room was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and very clean and the food was outstanding! You can eat 24 hours a day if you want. The entertainment was varied and always good and the friendliness of the crew was exceptional. I think that is what impressed me the most. I'll definitely be back!!!

Pros: The overall friendliness and attention from the crew and the size of the ship made it easy to get around to all of the activities going on.

Cons: Having somewhat limited mobility, it was very difficult for me to climb three flights of stairs up to our lifeboat station during the drill. The Americana lounge was always cold so you had to bring a jacket but they were the only concerns that I had.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

Steve, the cruise director, said that even if we didn't have children on the trip, to respond to this one. He said there were over 200 children on the ship and we never saw them until dinner because of all the activities they were involved in during the cruise. Well done!!!
I liked the size of the ship and once I figured out where everything was it was easy to get around to everything. The crew were constantly cleaning and everything was in good order.
The variety and quality and presentation of food was exceptional. We tried just about everything offered and was never disappointed.
The size was a lot larger than we had expected and was very comfortable. There was plenty of hot water for a shower and the beds were very good.
I think the best part of the trip was the overall general friendliness of all the crew. Our stewards, Oliver, Ryan and Christina made our stay very comfortable. They were so nice and accomodating to all our needs. Our dining room staff was exceptional, especially Vitor and Armando. Everyone had a smile all the time and seemed happy to be there. Our Maitre d', Alejandro, made a very imposing and commanding figure but was so warm and friendly to everyone.
The shows were very good and the activities were many and varied.