Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

hassle free cruise

Sail Date: January 29, 2007

Older smaller ship. I like the smaller ships because things are not so far away. easy ship to get around on . Seemed to be an older but friendly crowd from this Mobile port.

Pros: nice clean ship, hassles kept to minimum. added a traveler to my room and priceline could not have been more helpful

Cons: too many people pushing booze at pool. Not enough people bussing tables.Only one day of sun on five day cruise but hey it was warm.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

I rarely saw a child
carnival staterooms are much better size than other cruise lines. Quite adequate for two.
very helpful and friendly in all instances.
room size is much better than Royal Carribean . Decor of public areas maybe a little worn but nothing objectionable. Nice older ship. Dinner service crew was best ever. They really moved dinner along and didnt take all night.
only saw one improptu solo singer and Extreme Country. Enjoyed both but not exactly Broadway
Grouper fish was not a real firm meat like I prefer. swordfish option would be nice. Lines at Wharf were long so I opted for pizza and salad bar a lot which was very good.
Yes it is a 3 hour bus ride but should be a lifetime goal to see the ruins at chitzen Itsa. I know I murdered the spelling of that but they are monster pyrimids. Tulum is a beautiful setting but nothing in comparison to the structures at Chitsen Itsa.
Calica, Mexico
private beach. Only sunny day we had so stayed on board to enjoy the poo. But the private beach looked beautiful