Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Surprisingly wonderful first cruise!

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

For a first time cruiser, I thought it wonderful! I didn't expect the rocking, though. I was always told I'd never know I was on a ship if I decided to cruise. WRONG with this one. Thank goodness for patches! Don't attempt without having some on hand. Overall, I had a wonderful, relaxing time. We are planning another for next Christmas, although we'll use another Carnival ship next time. The staff was friendly and did their jobs greatly. You really feel that southern hospitality from this staff. I'll compare to other ship's staffs and decide if I can stand the rocking enough for another cruise with Holiday's staff. They are wonderful! I have nothing but pleasing responses when asked about our trip.

Pros: The special treatment from Garfield and Randy at dinner.

Cons: I expected a more elegant ship. There's no glamour with this one.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

Felt as though I was at a hotel instead of a ship. Not an elegant atmosphere.
Certainly clean and inviting staterooms. Never had a complaint there. The rooms were surprisingly larger than expected. Couldn't have asked for better rooms or service.
Waiters, Garfield and Randy, were out of this world wonderful! They were very attentive to request and remembered them from evening to evening without needing to ask. I asked for milk one night with dessert and had it every night without having to ask again. It was very sweetly already waiting on me. The food was beautifully prepared although not anything I'd desire to eat again. I was ready to get home to my homecooked food.
Overall wonderful. Very nice in helping with handicapped family member. Cruise director, Steve, and assistance were great.
There was always "something" I could find to do. Would like to have been able to watch food designs and ice sculpting in process. Loved the animal towel-making class.