Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice and Relaxing

Sail Date: November 25, 2006

I was happy with the overall cruise. However, the fact that we were un-able to dock in Costa Maya was dissapointing. While I understand that the currents were strong, thus making docking inpossible, and I appreciated the $25 given to each passenger in compensation, I feel that Carnival knew this was a possibility before we set sail and should have informed us. However, the staff on the ship and the food and entertainment were exceptional.

Pros: The food and the service were exceptional.

Cons: We were unable to dock at one of the ports due to the currents. Due to comments made by the captain and some crew it appeared that this may have happened on previous cruises.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

Our room steward was amazing. He knew us by name before the first day was over and he was available to answer any needs we might have the whole cruise.
I would have prefered more shows and less bingo.
The wait staff was wonderful. The food was excelent. If you couldn't decide between two entrees for dinner you could order both. They were there to make our trip more enjoyable.