Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Overall, A great cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

This was my second cruise and my wife and little girl's first. My wife gets dizzy if she turns around to fast, but praise god she didn't get sick any during this cruise thanks to the patches because the ship rocked almost constantly. Don't dare get on this ship without patches if you ever get motion sickness. I was still dizzy 2 days after getting off this ship. I also took my parents on this cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary and was dissappointed that the matre D did not recognize them on their special day at dinner, but our waiters were fantastic. I loved the food, entertainment was good, room steward was great, some staff difficult to understand, the ship is old and not very elegant, the captain was very hard to understand and not very personal on formal night. This was my wife's first time to do anything like this and she had a great time and wants to go back.

Pros: Hearing my little girl say,

Cons: The ship rocked and swayed way more than my first cruise on another cruise line.

Recommends Holiday (RETIRED)? Yes!

This ship is old, but is a good bargain for cruising. The Americana lounge has poor seating, we constantly had to look around bars and poles to see the shows, the only good seats are on the floor which is a very small amount of seats.
Overall, very friendly staff, some staff didn't greet you but most did. My father is handicapped and staff was helpful and friendly to people in wheelchairs.
Good entertainment.
Our waiters Garfield and Randy were fantastic, they would remember what we liked and would provide it the next night, ie serving milk with dessert. (that really impressed my wife!)
Plenty of room, much better than my last cruise on another cruise line. loved the towel animals