Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: August 14, 2006

Staff worked very hard to make the cruise exceptional. I prefer the larger/newer ships, but overall it was a great cruise. Sailing from Mobile was wonderful. Of all the departure cities, this was the most efficiently run of all. It was such a pleasure. I just drove in the Cruise Terminal and was met by porters who unloaded my car, I drove up into the parking garage and down the elevator to line up and we were on board within an hour. Fantastic!!!!

Pros: The service was excellent as always. The Holiday was smaller but the service definitely met my expectations.

Cons: The casual dining wasn't as good as the larger ships. Fewer choices. Casual dining is my least favorite anyway.

Considering the age of the ship, it was well kept. It doesn't compare to the newer, larger ships, but I am partial to "new" things.
Dining room experience was great. Wasn't as impressed with food or variety in the casual dining/grill. Staff in the dining room was the best!!! Friendly, efficient and catered to every desire. Anticipated what we wanted before we could ask. Hostess and Maitre'd were excellent !!!
Room was nice, excellent cabin steward. Bathroom smaller than larger ships, but not a problem. Very comfortable.
Dining room staff went way beyond efficient. Most helpful when we needed to change table assignment. Wait staff, hostess, maitre'd all excellent !!!
Lots to do, lots of activities, good shows. Entire staff worked very hard to make the cruise very enjoyable.
Calica, Mexico
Parasailing would be a great thing to do and shopping was great! Ports are not the selling point of a cruise for me. I enjoy the ship.
Don't Miss: Parasailing.
Didn't want to dine in Cozumel. Good buys on souveniers. The ports are not the highlight for a cruise for me. The ship is what matters to me.