Holiday (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Good Gruise

Sail Date: April 24, 2006

The ship itself was referbished from housing the hurricane victims. FEMA released the ship and overall the repairs were okay. Our toilet didn't flush two different days. The water coming out of the tap was brown, I think from copper pipes. They kept the ship clean though I wouldn't swim in the brown water in the pool.

Pros: I loved the friendly staff and people we ate dinner with

Cons: I didn't like the cigarette smoke everywhere nor did I appreciate the drinking.

When the toilet wouldn't flush we did have an employee that helped by getting someone there after waiting over an hour. He helped when he wasn't even on duty.
They had lots of activities. Unfortuneately, if you don't smoke, drink or gamble your options were somewhat limited on what you could do. The art auction was fun though.
It was excellent but the room filled with cigarette smoke every day. Finally they let us know that they couldn't control where people smoke and even said they were allowed to smoke in the staterooms.
Calica, Mexico
Not recommended because the ship only docks at Calica. You have to take a taxi 10 miles into town where the shops are average at best and most not air conditioned. The people did not really bargin with you either. Their prices were high.
I rated an average because they still haven't finished rebuilding from the hurricane. It was somewhat rustic.
Don't Miss: The silver shops had truely amazing pieces in them.