Disappointing

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Harmony of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 06, 2018

Ship: Harmony of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10692

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We went on Allure last time and had a wonderful experience. On Harmony, not so much. The service was less than we had experienced on previous cruises with RCL. The food in the MDR was very underwhelming. I absolutely despise My Time Dining. I prefer a more traditional dining experience. We went to Chops Grill one evening and it was one of the worst steaks I have ever had. It was cooked the way I like it but was full of gristle, stringy and tough to chew. Many shows were cancelled. Some because of the weather, which is understandable, but others because of mechanical failure. When this occurs everyone is trying to fit into other venues and it becomes quite crowded. There were over 6400 people on this cruise. Many were children which I certainly don't object to. What I did find lacking was a little bit of adult supervision and lessons on cruise etiquette for some. With that many people on the ship it was difficult to get elevators at certain times. It was not unusual to be waiting for an elevator, have one arrive, and have people run ahead of everyone else. If we go on RCL again we will probably return to smaller ships.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Main Dining Room

Menu was quite generic and quality subpar. Service was not up to previous RCL experiences.

Windjammer Marketplace

Seating at times was very hard to come by. Food quality was average for a buffet.

Chops Grille

Terrible steak. Very disappointing experience.

Royal Promenade

Love that most of the shops are on one level and watching the parades and other special events is so much easier.

Saw Grease which was good and the water show which was excellent. Many other shows were cancelled and others extremely crowded.

Aquatheater

The aqua show was spectacular.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Did not visit port

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Disembarkation