Not very happy, unfortunately

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Grandeur of the Seas

8 Night Southeast Coast & Perfect Day (Baltimore Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 20, 2020

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Cabin number: 3011

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Overall I was a little disappointed in this cruise. I understand that things happen but when an entire port is cancelled then we should be compensated, at least the port fees etc. The ship is also very old and outdated. We like to stay busy and there isn't a whole lot to do during the duration of the cruise, especially during the day. Also, all the extra's are way too expensive, i.e. internet, excursions

Embarkation

Good. Fast and efficient. I appreciated the text message to tell us of our updated time to arrive.

Ship experiences

Our service staff in the main dining room for dinners were EXCELLENT. Best we have ever had. Elmer, Mark, and Bruno were amazing.

Disappointed in the lack of number of available activities. We did enjoy most of the comedy, karaoke, and the flag presentation.

What we saw was pretty good. Really really enjoyed Alfred & Seymour. Also enjoyed Romeo and all his dance moves.

Dinner time dining staff were amazing! Also our room steward, Davis was excellent! Most of the bartenders were just ok and there were not enough of them in the Casino.

I liked most of the layout except for the casino. It was too small and the bar was too secluded. Everything seemed clean and well maintained.

Smaller cabin than I'm used to but we don't spend very much time in there anyway. The bed and pillows were comfortable and we slept well. The noise from outside was rather loud if you tried napping during the day though. The cleanliness was great. Davis did an amazing job keeping our room clean for us.

Ship tip

I wouldn't recommend it. Not very many activities. Small and very old and outdated.

Ports of call

Baltimore, Maryland

We just went to this port to get on the ship. I would never do an excursion in Baltimore, too dangerous.

Very disappointed that we didn't make this port due to weather. It would have been nice to have received some compensation for this since this was one of the only ports on this entire cruise that would have been in nice warm weather. One of the people in our party was very upset that she wasn't able to do an excursion that she had been looking forward to.

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

Port is beautiful and I liked the fact that I could use my drink package there. I also liked that food was included. My only complaint is that all the extras are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!! There would be no way my family of 5 could afford even the water park for the day.

Port Canaveral, Florida

Weather was nice but this port is so boring. Not much to do so we got off (because we had to), walked around for a few and just got back on the ship.

Charleston, South Carolina

This port is ok. After a couple of times here there isn't much else to do. I like Charleston overall, though. We booked our own excursion, not through RC.

Disembarkation

Great. Didn't have any issues and got off fairly quickly.