Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: June 21, 2018

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

Just returned a few days ago from a 9 day Bermuda, Bahamas cruise on the Grandeur. This was our 1st cruise with Royal Caribbean after 2 cruises with Carnival. We had a very good time. The ship is very nice and the staff are great. I felt that the arrival/departure times in the ports made port time more enjoyable than I experienced on Carnival. This was a fully booked cruise and it did not feel overly crowded. This was definitely a more laid back crowd than we experienced on Carnival but we like to kick back and relax so it was fine with us. I do find that there was more rude people on the Carnival cruises (I am in my late 50's so maybe it bothers me more than it would a younger person). The food was good and I thought the headliner acts in the Palladium were great. Other posts indicated that there is high pressure to buy drink and dinner packages but that was not our experience. This is a smaller ship and you do feel the movement a little more but in my opinion it was not a problem (we did luck out and have great weather and fairly calm seas). To compare to Carnival I do feel that Carnival does give you more bang for your buck concerning what is included in your cruise price. A few negatives on the Grandeur would be that the drink stations were poorly maintained. Lots of times they were empty or the flavored drinks came out way too strong or just water (not a major problem). I did feel the arrangements to get guests on the tenders and the meet up for excursions on the dock were chaotic. It felt much better organized on Carnival. The Grandeur is a smaller ship without the water park or other active amenities so it attracts an older crowd. If you are looking for a cruise that is going to keep you very busy this probably isn't the best choice but if you like to relax it is a very good cruise. All in all it was an enjoyable cruise and I wouldn't hesitate to cruise with Grandeur again.