Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: May 05, 2018

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

Sailed on Grandeur May 5-10, 2018. This was my first time on her. Yes she is old and showing some wear and tear however...I couldn’t have asked for a more pleasant crew and staff! Everyone was friendly, smiling and aiming to please. This was something I hadn’t seen in quite a while at this magnitude. Sailing out of Baltimore can be rough...needless to say starting late Saturday night and all day Sunday was the worse I have ever seen! We hit a storm and boy oh boy..thank God for Bonine. People were throwing up in the Windjammer..yeah not too pleasant. My friends were on this cruise and it was a first for them, needless to say they certainly got their sea legs on their first cruise. They still loved every minute of Cruising including Bermuda! And it only took me 17 years to convince them to cruise, lol. My only two negatives were and this is my personal cruise experience feelings were : the Dj , he loved Michael Jackson and so do I but wow! He never let anything play hardly longer than 17 seconds it felt like and he didn’t play for the masses. We watched him take selfies one night while doing his so called thing! He got off the ship in Baltimore with us, last cruise for him maybe. The reggae band...sorry wasn’t too great or at least they could use a new lead singer, that didn’t stop him from pushing their cd on me in the logo store. And lastly Park cafe...I didn’t expect it to be exactly like the ones on the Oasis class ships however, dry hot dogs and even dryer burgers at night weren’t too great, I would have preferred they left the salad bar open, just my opinion. All in all we had a great time, the comedians were off the chain, the CD was awesome, the RCCL orchestra...always professional, the singers and dancers...not so great. We sailed real cheap on this one , did for the points to get another glass block when we sail on Symphony this Thanksgiving, by the way the shower in the interior stateroom ...a standup coffin, lol. Sail this ship all in all we had a GREAT CRUISE!