Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: January 02, 2018

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

The 1/2/2018 Grandeur of the Seas cruise out of Baltimore has been less than satisfactory. Multiple passengers have fallen sick due to sanitary reasons and the ships rudder broke while at sea, and had to make an emergency stop in Port Canaveral, where all passengers had to leave the ship. While I know RCI has no say in how US customs works in different ports, RCI did failed to mention to the guests that we would have to wait off the ship for nearly 2 hours while the ship was cleared. This rudder issue has delayed our disembarkation back in Baltimore by 2 days. While I would enjoy the extra days, being on a ship that has an outbreak of sickness, doesn’t sound like a vacation. To combat the spread of sickness, all the food is tightly managed and handed to you, even at the buffet, causing massive lines and backups. We were even advised not to shake the crews hands. As a past cruiser, I know this isn’t the norm, however at the prices RCI charges, and with no compensation to guest, this is unacceptable and certainly wasn’t what I had in mind when we booked.