Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: August 24, 2017

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

I had a great time on Grandeur and would not hesitate to cruise on her again. Yes it's an older and smaller ship by today's standards but they've gone a good job keeping it up. Very clean, no major issues. Having only done Oasis class on RC I purposely chose a small ship to explore the fleet and was not disappointed, but I wasn't expecting things like flow riders and an ice rink so it fully met expectations. Inside cabin on deck two was fine. Shower curtain a bit of a drag but other than that no complaints. Flat panel HDTV came with the full manufacturer remote so I was able to use the HDMI input. Sydney in the MDR was excellent as head waiter and food was great, many different menus on this 9 day cruise, never ate the same main course twice and missed a few items I'll have to try next cruise. Savio the maitre'd greeted me by name every night and Christina kept my water glass full and as much bread a person could eat. I avoided specialty dining to fully experience the MDR and never felt the need to change that plan. The Captain kept us well informed with his daily briefings and Cruisin Susan and Tino did a great job as cruise and activities directors. Comedian was very funny and magician very entertaining. I'm not into Broadway musical or dance shows but I hear those were good. Something different every night with occasional acts in the Centrum lobby. Couldn't stream with the Surf and Stream internet package, might as well just do the basic internet plan, but compared to the internet on Carnivals similar ships it was very good, even did a business call on it which got the job done. First cruise I've done with overnight stays in a port and late departures so I was able to get some nice night shots of the ship in port. There's something nice about smaller ships and I'll likely return to the Grandeur once I explore the fleet a bit more.