Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 12, 2016

The most pleasant surprises were the excellent service of the staff everywhere, especially the dining rooms  and our state room attendant. I think they must have been on a special incentive program. They went out of their way to be accommodating.  We slipped them all an extra $10. spot at the end of the cruise because thay all exceeded our expectations.  The waiter Kumar, Maître  D,

Silvio, Cabin attendant James and the ass't waiter Andrii.  Shows were also better than expected. I would certainly recommend this cruise, particularly to those who are within driving distance of Baltimore and/or are budget minded.

Smaller than most inside cabins. Biggest disappointment is NO refrigerator.
However storage is adequate, but barley for 2 adults.
See my Baltimore comment.
20 year old ship, but still reasonably clean, easy to navigate, but some deferred maintenance. My wife did not like the fact that there was no graduated entry into either of the 2 pools . Both pools are 5'6" deep.
As I mentioned it rained a fair amount, but I did not take off any points for that. Not the ships fault. Besides we had been to all these itineraries several times before.
They need to bring back pool side horseracing. You long time cruisers of 20 years or more will remember how much fun this was. Ring toss and belly flop contests just does NOT float my boat so to speak.
It is hard to mess up a bingo game but the caller was very annoying. He ran his mouth incessantly about everything but the bingo numbers.
Very good also except for the two production shows, the ship singers and dancers. The headliner shows, Tymon Shipp, comedian, ventriloquist Brad Cummings, illusionist, Scott Alexander are all "must see".
As I mentioned before, nothing short of outstanding.
Food was standard cruise fare in the Windjammer, but they only had a personal omelet station, which was good. NO waffle station or pizza station. Breakfast pastries were always the same. NO fresh berries.
Baltimore, Maryland
Easiest and quickest embarkation and debarkation ever. We drove to Baltimore. It was easy to find and get out of. The port itself though is very basic and Spartan, no frills. Don't know what the city spends all its money on??
There are 2 beaches within walking distance. The Hilton, a pricy private beach, but those who went spoke highly of it, and the Junkenoo public beach that is OK at no cost
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
It rained on this day too, but we have been there before, it is a very enjoyable experience.

The ship is very easy to navigate. It is a smaller ship. Only 70,000 tones . It does show, as realtor's like to say a substantial amount of " DEFERED MAINTENANCE" I'm trying to remain nice. There is nothing major though that would materially negatively impact your cruise. nI