Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

A mixed bag but overall an enjoyable cruise

Sail Date: May 12, 2016

I would recommend this cruise. Good value for the money. Also if you were never in Bermuda.   The ship does show a fair amount of deferred maintenance.

They have major events in the Centrum, which just is NOT big enough to

hold all the people, while the Crown Lounge that is much larger is nearly always

virtually empty.  The most popular event as usual is the 50's and 60's party.  They did have that in the South Pacific lounge, but it only lasted 45 minutes.  They don't seem to understand who their demographic is and give the guests what they want.

The outside pool has enough chairs even on sea days.  But we hung out in the adults only Solarium.  The ship is easy to navigate and is user friendly.  I asked the cashier in the casino to turn the music  DOWN  in the speaker over the blackjack tournament table so I could hear the instructions and concentrate on my   game and to my surprise, SHE DID!  I came in 3rd in the tournament and won a reasonable cash prize.

Adequate, but barley. Storage is OK for 2 adults. My biggest issue was NO REFRIGERATOR. Can't remember the last time I was in a cabin with no fridge. You have to ask for ice, but when we did and slipped our room steward an extra $10 spot & he kept our room clean and brought fresh ice twice a day. He was very good.
The headliner shows were very good. Tymon Shipp, comedian and Brad Cummings, the comedic ventriloquist were exceptional, a must see. The 2 production shows not so much. If you skip the 2 RCCL singers and dancers shows , no big loss.
The service in the Main dining room, the Gatsby was nothing short of outstanding. The crew must have been on a special incentive program, they exceeded our expectations. The lobster is very good as is the steak.
Standard fare in the dining room and Windjammer Buffet. The Windjammer had fewer selections and personal prep stations than other RCCL ships. No waffle station or pizza station, they did have a good made to order omelet station . Specialty restaurant Chops Grill is outstanding in service and food as you would expect for the additional cost.
Baltimore, Maryland
Port of Baltimore is easy to get in and out of. Quickest embarkation and debarkation ever. If you are driving long distance, check the internet for hotels that offer park and sail specials. Parking at the port is $15.00 per day.
You can walk to a nearby public & private beach at the Hilton We had reservation at the Hilton private Beach but when we got there we elected to use the nearby public beach , Junkanoo beach and save the $80.00
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Unfortunately, it rained on this day too. We did not get off the ship, so we stayed in the adult only Solarium Pool

The top tier event for those who are Platinum members and above, (Captains Reception) was disappointing. No music, only lasted 45 minutes and only 1 drink. Whole thing was poorly executed. The Music was too loud almost everywhere. Bingo games were poorly conducted.