A bit of a disappointment

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 03, 2015
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Number: 2011

There were so many things lacking on this ship from the food, the service, to the condition of the bathrooms in the state rooms.   When I first arrived, I was told that my rooms did not connect eventhough I had booked them that way. I pleaded with the front desk to help, but they said nothing could be done to change it. I was in tears for several hours until I entered my room and discovered that they were wrong, and the rooms did in fact connect No one apologized or mentioned a thing about it.

Once in our state rooms, we found it difficult to open and close doors without  rearranging the furniture. We kept bumping into chairs, because the space was far too small for the amount of furniture placed in it. Both of the bathrooms in our adjoining state rooms smelled absolutely  putrid. I complained, but was told nothing could be done to remedy the situation.

The staff seemed overworked and annoyed much of the time. That could have been due to the fact that there weren't many things for the passengers to do and they were constantly tasked with trying to entertain them.

The food options were very limited for adults and kids. My son complained almost every night. The desserts were so bland that I skipped it most nights.

Bermuda was a beautiful and safe Island. I thoroughly enjoyed my three days there. However, my overall experience on The Grandeur of the Seas, has left me with a less-than-stellar, impression of Royal Caribbean.

Place garbage cans with places to put discarded cups , food, and trays. People didn't know where to put their trash so they put it everywhere. That made the ship look dirty.