Disappointed

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2015
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

I am not pleased with the cruise experience we received on the Grandeur of the Seas. Demographics aside (most travelers were above the age of 60, my fiance and I are in our 20's), the ship was lovely. However, we ran into several complications on board which was something I did not expect on a trip I had booked in order to be streamlined (pre-booking exursions, pre-paying for all, and pre-scheduling meals to limit stress and fully enjoy our time).

I will begin by explaining that my then-boyfriend proposed while on board. The first night when returning to our state room we found a bottle of champagne and two flutes waiting for us. I now know that my fiance had ordered this to be delivered the second night (the night of the proposal), not the first, and it almost resulted in spoiling the surprise.

The second night we booked the chef's table (I now know he did so for the proposal). We never received the card inviting us to our dinner with the time, so a good portion of our afternoon was spent trying to determine how and when we would get to dine. After speaking to several individuals in guest services, we showed up on time and waited roughly 45 minutes before being told our dinner was cancelled, and that we would need to dine elsewhere. My fiance had made arrangements for photos to be taken during the dinner at this specific location, for a special desert to be brought out, and for this to be a special romantic meal. None of this was able to occur as he had planned. A man at guest services was able to help him get everything together in time, however, it was due to their poor planning that there was a wrench in the plan to begin with.

Our cancelled dinner plans were to be "made up" for by rescheduling to an evening later in the cruise (they were already paid for). However, the only available night and time fell during one of our shore excursions. I tried personally to cancel this excursion so I could be refunded, however this required meeting in person with the tickets during the shore excursions' limited hours at least 24 hours before hand. Because we did not meet with them in person in time, we did not receive the refund despite speaking with several people and leaving countless messages with guest services on the issue.

Bermuda was beautiful. The ship was beautiful. There was clearly a lack of communication among the staff, and made this trip a complete headache. Very displeased.