Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Amazing Cruising Experience

Sail Date: July 01, 2014

The staff and all of the effort that they put into the whole experience were fantastic. It was obvious that they all worked all day\, every day to ensure that we had a great experience. The way I was treated - I felt like a princess. I am already planning to cruise with them next year.

Pros: Game Shows and Staff

Cons: Repetitive movies

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Overall\, the ship was great. The staff kept it very clean. The moment that I would put an empty glass down and turn around\, it would be refilled (in dining area) or gone (on coffee tables throughout the ship). The elevators were a tad slow\, but that's understandable with so many floors on the ship.
The experience in the Great Gatsby dining hall was a bit slow for our licking\, although the attendants were always prompt and super friendly. We loved the Windjammer buffet. The food was AMAZING...I mean they had brie\, salmon\, lamb\, duck\, curry\, and so many delicious deserts that trying them all became a challenge worth taking.
Obviously\, the rooms were small since space is limited\, but we spent so much time having fun on the ship that the rooms were only really used for sleeping. The rooms were very clean and our room attendant was incredibly friendly and attentive. The towel animals that she left every evening were adorable.
The staff were the best part of the trip. By the end of the first day\, most of the staff members that we interacted with had memorized our names and were incredibly personable. I felt like I was royalty on the trip. Cereal for dinner\, even though that's not being served? Done. Need an extra towel\, beds moved\, more pillows? Done. Someone's birthday? Special surprise and decoration done!
The game shows were the best entertainment that I have ever experienced! I laughed so hard during the Love and Marriage game that my belly and face hurt! The group dance lessons were fantastic and the trivia challenges in the Schooner bar were really fun. The one thing that I did find lacking was the lack of more movies/programs on the outdoor screen. I just wish that they used that screen throughout the entire trip and showed a wider variety of movies/programs on it. I think it was a missed opportunity.