Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Good not Grand on the Granduer

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

The ship is old and you can still tell even after the big money Royal put in it for renovations. Nice cruise but lots to improve on.

Pros: Lots of Ports

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.

The ship is super small making all semi rough seas felt more than on big boats. The boat was very clean but the condition of the ship was still poor. Elevators were constantly out of service and rooms had leaks in the ceiling's. The dcor was nice for the most part although I personally couldn't have cared. Overall this was not one of the better ships I have been on and I have cruised many times.
I rate this poor for many reasons. First of the quality of the food that was served was not very good. Many things were stale and the variety in food was horrible. It was even a hard time to try and find a place to get anything to eat during the day most of the time. My wife couldn't find anything on the menu most days and while being pregnant she still ate less than she does back home due to the lack of variety. To cap it all of they limited you on lobster night to 1 lobster only. You use to be able to get as many as you wanted.
My room was small but that was expected from an interior stateroom\, so no bad marks on size. The room was relatively comfy and had plenty of storage space. My location though was by the crews stair way and they constantly kept us from sleeping due to their constant noise at night.
The staff was really good and the only reason they didn't get excellent was that we never saw our stateroom attendant so we had a hard time getting our clothes washed on the ship. The dinning staff was amazing and tried their best to get my picky wife something she could eat with the limited resources they had.
The nightly entertainment was horrible. I didn't care for one of the 8 shows I saw on this ship. The ship seamed to be geared towards a crowd older than 50 and being 27 I didn't care of any of the music and my only option for activities on the ship were trivia game which I never stood a chance at. I did enjoy the last 2 nights though because of the battle of the sexes\, sexiest man contest\, and the quest. Most do activities on any royal ship.