Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

very nice crew

Sail Date: September 26, 2014

While the Grandeur didn't live up to it's name, the crew were very nice & accomodating. Had this been my first cruise, my expectations wouldn't have been so high. But having cruised before on Carnival, I was disappointed with the ship & what it had to offer. The rooms are very small, the food selection & availability weren't great, amenities I expected (such as body wash, lotion, etc.) in the room weren't available except upon request. I understand that due to accessibilty to Baltimore's port, only this size ship can be utilized and because this is an older ship (1998) a lot of what I expected wasn't feasible, however, some upgrades would be appreciated and are much needed. Overall, I enjoyed the trip to Bermuda (although getting there at 3:00 pm & leaving at 11:30 am, didn't allow as much time on the island as I would have liked).

staterooms are very small, especially for 3 adults and the balcony was not available for this size group.
24 hr. food availability & selection was not good and there was an add'l charge for room service after 2:00 am. We chose 'my time' dining which was great, and our dining staff was excellent, friendly, and accomodating to our needs & desires.
I wish I could remember their names, but all were great--seeing to it that our requests were met--even going above & beyond our expectations.
The shows, music and poolside activities were fun & entertaining.
Children's Programs n/a
The cruise director & Ricky were very entertaining providing a lot of fun activities. Unfortunately, the aerial performance in the main lobby was cancelled due to equipment issues.
My only complaint about the destination is that we arrived late (3pm) & departed early (11:30 am), which didn't allow for enough shore time. Unfortunately, it rained but we still enjoyed Bermuda. The snorkeling excursion we booked had to be cancelled due to my friends' illnesses--it was cloudy, rainy, & cool and at 8am on the day of departure.
The room was much too small for 3 adults and the bunkbed mattresses was very thin and uncomfortable. Access to the bunk was very difficult with the ladder and ceiling height. No amenities (body wash, lotion, etc.) in the bathroom and the shower is VERY small.
Baltimore, Maryland
Having a port here that is so easily accessible to so many regions is the greatest asset. The location is perfect and easy to get to. The facilities are clean and the staff are friendly & helpful.

The decor and artwork are beautiful. I really appreciated the interactive screens near the elevators that allowed you to view your location, gave directions to onboard locales, venues and activities.