Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

What a total disappointment

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

My wife and I chose Royal Caribbean to be the cruise line for our first cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The cruise we selected departed from Colon, Panama and stopped at four ports, Columbia ,Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire before returning back to Colon, Panama. We had also asked 4 of our closest friends to join us on this journey. Soon after boarding the ship we were informed that this cruise was geared toward the Latin and Spanish-speaking passengers. At no time did Royal Caribbean notify our travel agent or us of this itinerary. Needless to say, all activities were presented in spanish making it impossible for our group to participate; this included all shows and even the menu. I feel we were short-changed in our cruise experience that we had waited more than a year for. My wife and I had such high expectations and were so disappointed with our time on the ship that I doubt we will ever return to this cruise line. We had planned on booking a cruise for our daughter's upcoming honeymoon and, based on this experience, will not spend more money with their company, especially for such a special occasion. We also wouldn't recommend Royal Caribbean to any friends or family in the future.

Pros: Our waitstaff were wonderful

Cons: Not able to participate in all activities and entertainment

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.

Menu was geared for the Latin Americans
Ship did not take into consideration of English speaking guests