Beware--no English Spoken

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (Colon Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 20, 2011
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
This was only the second trip with this itinerary and the crew was trying to adjust to a totally diffierent type of clientele. Unless you are familiar with the Latin culture, I would not recommend this cruise. NO mention was made prior to the cruise that this was for Spanish speaking people. Very little English was spoken. The life raft drill was totally in Spanish, all music was Latin and the people on the cruise were rude, very vocal and would run you over if you got in their way. The crew and captin did try to make some special accomodiations for the 132 Americans on the ship once they realized none of us knew this was not an English speaking cruise.

The quality of food was good, however, the type and variety was much more limited than what I had experienced on previous cruises.

Unless you are Latin, don't bother to go. You won't understand anything

The crew was very nice and made an extra effort to speak with us and try to help us cope with this very unpleasent cruise. I have only good things to say about them.

My stateroom was very clean. The public areas were dirty with finger prints on the glass. I would not go into the public restrooms due to the mess.

There was a lot of rust on the balcony and the wooden railings had no varnish left on them.
We had to book our own taxi tours since all the cruise ones were in Spainish. I can't comment on what to see since our driver took us places we wanted to go, but not recommended if you don't want to see the bad side of a country.

Pros: Crew was very nice

Cons: RC did not indicate anywhere that this was a Spanish speaking only cruise

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.