Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing, Enjoyable time!

Sail Date: April 01, 2011

I always choose RCL when cruising and had always wanted to travel aboard Grandeur of the Seas. I have been on the larger fleets as well as the smallest and overall, they are all just beautiful! I enjoyed this 5 day sail, it was everything I needed the trip to be! The pool was relazing and having the solarium with a retractable ceiling was nice when I got severly sunburned the first day at port. It was nice to still sit by the pool and not have to worry about additional sunburn. The ship had a smaller feel but it was large enough to find a good varity of activities. You seem to see everyone on the ship daily which is nice. We met several people and everyone was very friendly!

Pros: The Solarium was so beautiful!

Cons: Only one set of elevators which delayed getting to where we needed to go!

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

The layout of the ship was more similar to all RCL ships. It did not have the promanade but did have a few shops to visit. The accessibility of bathrooms was very functional but one day there were problems getting the toliets to flush in the solarium and dinning area. The problem was resolved quickly.
The room was clean and was a balcony room which is the only way to go in my eyes. I love to order room service in the morning and have my coffee and breakfast on the balcony! One thing RCL could do, would be take those coffee tables out of the rooms! Ouch! They hurt when you run into them all week. Also, more hooks are needed in the room to dry out the pool attire.
We did not have kids in our travel group. It looked awesome though
The food was wonderful in both the formal dinning room (ate there every night) and the windjammer. I love the coconut cookies!
Everyone spoiled my friend and I as always!
We love attending the shows, games and comedians. It is good to get involved in the ship activities. Make as many memories as possible! Sometimes the shows are offered very late in the evening which makes it hard to get to if you have played hard all day.