Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An Excellent Experience

Sail Date: October 23, 2010

Since this was our first cruise, we were a bit concerned with getting sea sick. Not a problem. The ship was very stable and in fact, we were already moving out from port the first evening and had no idea we were moving yet!

Pros: The staff were overwhelmingly nice and aimed to please

Cons: Can't think of any

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

We can't say enough about the staff. They were very friendly, always willing to do whatever necessary to make are cruise that entire one could hope for it to be.
We enjoyed the music in the central part of the ship but didn't attend any of the shows.
We were very impressed with the ship, and it's overall layout, and it was very clean and nicely decorated. You wouldn't think you were on a ship.
The food was delicious. I enjoyed their prime rib (melt in your mouth). When they first brought it though, it was a bit rare for me, so I asked our server if he could heat it up some more or something, and I hardly got it out of my mouth and he was putting another one in front of me that was just right! We are not ones to eat at fancy restaurants all the time though, so most of the time we ate at the Windjammer (buffet style). It was very nice as well, and the servers were very accommodating.
It was very nice. I was amazed although the rooms have to be somewhat small to fit everyone together, it never felt crowded. They designed it to use every inch to be useful. Really recommend, if you can afford it, to get the balcony. It is worth it. Our Statesroom attendant was very helpful and kept making the towel animals.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We thoroughly enjoyed the Mayan Ruins (Chacchoben Extreme Tour $89 each). The ruins are still being excavated. They have some really large pyramids there. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and was able to answer our questions. Then they took us to a beautiful torques green lake, (lagoon), and oh my gosh, were we overwhelmed. They served us a delicious lunch before we had the lake to ourselves (only 2 other couples from the tour had got the Extreme). It was picturesque to say the least. They had kayaks there for folks to use, as well as they could swim in the lagoon.
Don't Miss: Chacchoben Extreme Tour (make sure you get the Extreme so you can go to the lagoon)!
Key West, Florida
We really enjoyed the Old Town Trolley for our transportation and the drivers were excellent guides. We also really enjoyed the butterfly conservatory. We highly recommend it. All kinds of butterflies as well as birds, and they don't seem to notice the people.
Don't Miss: The Butterfly Conservatory
We were a bit disappointed in Cozumel. Mainly because we selected the Mayan Ruins shore excursion with a trip to the beach afterwards ($49 each). The ruins didn't seem to be what we expected (no pyramids, etc.). The beach was nice though, and we really enjoyed our tour guide.
Don't Miss: We don't know since the one we went on wasn't a "don't miss" site.