Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A grerat memory!

Sail Date: September 20, 2010

This was a great trip! This is the 6th cruise I've been on and would highly recommend it. It was immaculately clean especially considering the amount of people on it. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. We had a balcony room which I love cause you can watch the ship aail into port or leave it while lounging with a coffee or drink from your balcony. It was really cool one night watching a lightning storm on the sea!

Pros: Everything! The friendly staff and service, the food, the excursions.

Cons: What's not to like? Honestly the only thing I'd change was when we left the ship for an excursion it was a little confusing trying to find the appropriate excursion we signed up for. I'm not sure this was a fault of the cruise line though rather than the people who ran the excursions.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Food was great! I really enjoyed being waited on hand and foot! I especially loved the salad at lunchtime that was individually prepared for me with anything I wanted in it, and there were about 50 choices. It was excellent. All the food was great and the selection good. I went with 3 others and everyone was happy with their food selections.
Our room was clean, comfortable and roomy. We didn't feel clustrophobic; I think having a balcony helps a lot.
I couldn't find one fault with any of the staff. They were wonderful!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Stingray City was lots of fun. I've been there before but my friends were 1st timers and truly enjoyed it. It was great to watch the expression on their faces!
We took the 3 reef snorkeling trip. The boat was well equipped with clean and new snorkeling masks, flippers and vests. I've been on some before where I felt uneasy using some of the equipment. Our guide, Monte was wonderful! He was interesting, humorous and very informative. We saw King crabs, hundreds of varieties of fish, lobsters, stingrays, an eel and coral reefs. We felt we really got our money's worth!
Don't Miss: The above excursion and lunch at Ernestos (great authentic food and margaritas)