Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The time of our lives!

Sail Date: January 27, 2007

We really liked the ship. We have cruised 6 times and have figured out that the smaller ships are the way to go for us. The atmosphere is more intimate and we like the smaller crowds. The ship was beautiful as are all of the Royal Carib ships we have sailed on. We knew going in that it was an older ship but, we don't mind because we like the smaller size.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Great place to visit! The last 4 times I have visited there I have shopped to my hearts content this time we visited the beach - beautiful. Dune buggy excursion was wonderful - took us to a fabulous beach with a mexican lunch that was great!
Don't Miss: Dune buggy excursion - a blast!
George Town, Grand Cayman
I love this place!!! We have visited before and it was the clearest water I have seen in the Carib. This time the water was more murky but, may have been the beach we went to. The beach it self was pretty rocky at waters edge until you got out to your waste but, again it is the beach we chose to go to because we hadn't been there before.
Don't Miss: The ocean!
Don't Miss: Dune buggy excursion - a blast!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We were not that impressed with this port - Their prices were extremely too high on their merchandise, i.e. we bought a sun hat in Cozumel the next day for $5.00 that they wanted $28.00 for in Costa Maya - they were willing to come down to $20.00 but, that is still a hugh difference. We also went horseback riding on the beach (which we did not book through RC and wished we had!!) and for the price was not impressed at all with the way that went. We basically rode through a muddy swamp and on a highway!! This was my least favorite port of the 17 ports we have visited on 6 cruises. We of course would go again if a ship stopped there because we might have just had a bad experience that day. We are always willing to give a second chance.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico