Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Spring Break --Time for a Cruise

Sail Date: April 08, 2006

Room Type: Suite

I have to admit when booking a Spring Break cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas I was a little worried at first. I imagined the wild behavior and antics of vacationers on break. Sleepless nights with kids running up and down the halls or displays of public drunkeness, however, I should have known my worries were needless while on a Cruise with Royal Caribbean! This was our third "Spring Break Cruise " on RCC and my concerns were unfounded. The ship, her people and even the passengers were fantastic.The ship although a bit older was in fantastic shape. Everywhere you looked you could see the loving care that went into making her the grand dame that she is. Passengers were well behaved and the crew delightful. We reserved a balcony suite and were pleasantly surprised with the spacious cabin and bathroom. Attention to detail by our statroom attendant was understated, as she always knew what we needed even before we did. The crew was friendly, helpful and attentive at all times. The food was very tasty and on many nights more than one entree was ordered. We travel with several families as is our custom for our Spring Break cruises, and have to admit that booking a cruise on a ship that is not the biggest or newest was never a concern with Royal Caribbean. Keep up the good work, and we are sure to set sail again!

Pros: This year we splurged and stayed in a suite with a balcony. It was fabulous.

Cons: My least favorite part of the trip was seeing the destruction in Mexico, due to recent hurricanes. It was sad!

Cozumel does not resemble herself even from just one year ago. The hurricanes from 2005 have taken a toll on many of the natural attractions which make it a great stop on a crusie. Although the center of town itself has seemed to rebound many of the outlying areas are still in need of some TLC.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I love the Cayman Islands. When arriving it is such a pretty port to see from the ship. We have snorkled for conch, swam with the sting rays and of course shopped until we dropped. Some of my favorite treasures have come from the Caymans including those that you wear and those that you eat.
George Town, Grand Cayman