Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

Having never sailed before I have nothing to compare, but the Grandeur of the Seas was a wonderful ship. I especially liked the 4 (5?) story Centrum in the center of the ship where you could sit on any of the decks, listen to music, and observe all the activities. We signed up for on-time dining and both the food and the staff were incredible. Breakfast and lunch at the Windjammer buffet was fine also - wide selection of foods and excellent service. Daily activities at poolside were hilarious and two days in port docked next to the Liberty of the Seas where their passengers particpated also, confirmed the entertainment value. We took in a show each evening at the Palladium and after SRO at the late show we only attended the early shows the remainder of the week. The shows were diverse and entertaining. We stayed in a junior suite with a large balcony. Our suite attendant was wonderful, the room was spacious, and the bathroom, while a little tight was fine. You could do as much or as little as you want on the luding shore excursions. Even the boarding and departing processes were well thought out and I was shocked how quickly I was sitting in the airport to fly home. If I have one complaint it would be that there are a lot of people in a small area - it's still a cruise ship.

Pros: Staff

Cons: Inconsiderate passengers

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Our stateroom on the 8th deck was convenient to everything. The ship is well laid out and I especially liked the model ship on every deck illustrating the location of each venue.
The food is clearly the highlight of a cruising experience and one can not even complain about the calories as lighter options are offered each meal.
Once again, my only reference are hotel rooms, and the junior suite measures up. Even the balcony was well appointed and clean.
Ship staff go out of their way to greet and be friendly.
Although we only took in the main show, there were clearly options for everyone from young to old.