Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Very nice

We just came back today from the 3-night Boston to Halifax run. In the Reflections dining room, the waiter and his assistant at the table NEXT to us was excellent; ours was not. Nothing so bad to complain to the management about, but a detraction nonetheless. Perhaps if the dining room manager had been more attentive to observing his staff and the diners instead of going from table to table talking of his name being Al, as in Al Capone, service for all would benefit. The casino should have a specific section for nonsmokers in order to accommodate all patrons. Even I, a smoker, was a bit overcome by the lack of ventilation. The food and selection in the Windjammer was excellent. I was especially impressed that they offered a sugar free selection for lunch and dinner of such delicacies as pear tart and strawberry torte, both excellent. I don`t know about the fat content or whether their "sugar free" is appropriate for diabetic diets, but the thought was welcomed. Last night we ate at the Portofino Restaurant ($20 per person) and it was superb Italian. My dining companion (a "friend of Bill") was aghast that I made reservations because so much Italian food contains alcohol; however, the wait staff could not have been more helpful in guiding him to safe foods. Other than waiting forever for elevators, my one beef was that there were TOO many unsupervised kids running amuck throughout the ship. I saw a person in a wheelchair get banged into, and another where a person was knocked over by these unruly brats. Only once did I hear a Staffmember of the cruiseline say "no running, please." Perhaps Royal Carribean should more thoroughly warn parents that they will be held liable for the medical bills that their children cause to other passengers.