Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

First Time Cruiser...loved it!

Sail Date: June 13, 2009

My first cruise out of Norfolk, VA to Bermuda, 4 nights 5 days. We had 3 days of clouds and rain and some lightning and thunderstorms, but even those didn't hamper my fun much. Loved the ship, wished bathrooms were a bit bigger but you don't spend a lot of time in there, so I lived! :-) Loved all the various things to do, gamble, shows, lounges, discos, art gallery, shopping, main dining was fabulous. Loved Bermuda, everyone there was very nice. Did Dolphin Quest, a bit pricey but if you love the sea, and animal life it is worth it at least just once. Wished you actually had a bit more time, and direct interaction with the dolphins, but to just be in the water and touch them or kiss their nose was wonderful! Nice beach at half moon bay, but be sure to take the taxi to the top! It's only $2 per person, and I would have paid $50!! Did shopping in the Dockyard shops, very unique and nice place to go. Watch out for driving, narrow winding roads...saw too many unstable motoscooters being passed by large buses to scare you. I would stay on the bus! Overall a 8 out of 10 for me.

Pros: So much to do in such close proximity for all types of people, old, young, and in-between!

Cons: Bathrooms a bit small, Some foods on buffet not so great.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Clean, excellent customer service, excellent servers in main dining hall.
Main dining hall food was outstanding, our servers actually gave two of us 3 dinners each night to share! And desserts! The food in the Windjammer buffet was give and take for me some days. Ate lunch there and breakfast every day. Breakfast to me was better than lunch usually. For lunch I mostly ate sandwiches and salads. Not much of the hot stuff.
Always clean and neat, loved the towel animals each night.
King's Wharf, Bermuda

Don't Miss: Half Moon Bay ride was as much fun as beach and Dolphin Quest.