Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Nice cruise!!!

Sail Date: April 18, 2009

I think it's a good cruise if it's your first and you don't have anything else to compare to. It was my first one, so it was good to me. But I went with my family who had been on bigger cruises before and they kind of spoiled it for me, they kept comparing the ship with the other bigger ones and pointing out what was missing. But if you go with other people who have never been on a cruise before, you will enjoy it.

Pros: Service is pretty good

Cons: The ship needs remodeling, it's kind of falling appart, from the beginning bathroom stinks and you can smell it from the hallways

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

Activities are ok. They only had one DJ and by the 5th night he was messing up the music badly. They need to hire a second DJ.
Ship needs remodeling, completely, urgently.
Just go to the formal dinner on captain's night and chief's night. The remaining nights go to the buffett.
Bathroom stinks and you can smell it on the hallways.
waiters and waitresses go above and beyond to please people, room attendants are pretty good to0.
Don't know, no kids on my group, though I did behave like one.
Beautiful place. It's completely separate from what news are saying about crime in Mexico, is like they belong to Mexico but they are not really Mexico. Different culture, very nice people and descent. If you speak spanish they will be nicer to you.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Too expensive, nothing really extraordinary to see. I come from Puerto Rico nothing impressed me. If I new I would have stayed in the boat.
Samana, Dominican Republic
Out of all the Islands, to me, this was the prettiest one right after Puerto Rico. People are pretty nice and is cheaper than the other Islands. Just hire a Taxi and they will drive you around. Unlike Jamaica their riverfalls are pretty and free to see. The taxi will take you to the beach which is really pretty too. In here it also helps if you speak spanish. At least travel with someone who does.