Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great time

Sail Date: March 21, 2009

It was a beautiful and big ship, 11 stories tall, offering ever activity you could ever want to participate in. Never a dull moment! I saw great comedy and musical shows, gambled, exercised in the workout room, had a massage in the spa, read a book by the pool, danced, drank wine, eat great meals, listened to a classical concert, watched a James Bond movie, shopped on board and went snorkeling in Cozumel.

Pros: The focus on customer service

Cons: Having to skip a shore expedition to Costa Maya because of the weather

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

I loved having a private area and pool for adults. This was the Solarium and it was a beautiful and quiet place to read and relax.
The food and service was great. Every night we had 3 course meals with many choices for appetizers, entrees and desserts. The variety of foods at the breakfast and lunch buffet was also very nice.
The people who cleaned the staterooms used the supplied beach towels to make animals in different shapes to entertain to guests. It was very fun to see each afternoon!
I loved the ship's focus on safety. We did a mandatory life boat evacuation drill the first afternoon we were on board. The staff made sure everyone went to the right station and wore their life vest. To make sure everyone participated, state room numbers were called out for anyone who had not already supplied their room number to the staff.
The woman comedian they hired to do one of the evening shows was so funny that I laughed so hard I was crying. She was great. Her first name was Judy but I can't remember her last name.
I heard that going into town was a waste of time. All they had there was 1 street of shops with jewelry, T-shirts and liquor. However, the shops by the ship were nice and I bought gifts for my teenage sons and husband there.
Don't Miss: Any water-related activity, rather than shopping in town
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
I had planned to see the Mayan Ruins but as soon as we got off the ship, we had to come back. The waves were high and some water got on the ship by the gangway. The captain thought it wouldn't be safe for people to get on and off the boat in this windy weather so we left Costa Maya right away. People were disappointed about this but the captain's focus on safety was commendable.