Our 6th cruise in the Caribbean!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 21, 2009
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
It was a clean ship but not outstanding in any way and it was rated too high. My first time w/RC and was dissappointed with ship and with some of the food and activities. The photographers were great, I wish there were more options for sugar free for diabetics and wish there was sugar free frozen yogurt. I liked that there was several options for free drinks at the drink section. Many salads and veggies......Yumm! Half of the formal eating meals were great. The bed was hard as a rock. The tour was too much driving for the short time at the ruins. I wouldn't recommend it. One of the people at our table said the same thing about the tour they went on. Too much driving and only 20 minutes doing the snooba. Kind of a rip off. It was very relaxing trip otherwise.

2/3's good and the rest was unusually poor tasting. The appetisers were the best. They only had one sugar free dessert to choose from. I am used to more choices with other ships and where you could get SF ice cream any time of day. Sad.

the impressionist was fabulous but the dancers were so so. The costumes were on the cheap end and the choreography was poor. Should have had more fun activities. I did like the bellyflop competition and the dance classes.

Staff was nice but didn't get to know you and just did their job. they were too busy I guess. They all did a very good job though.

I have gone on Holland Am, Norweigan, and Carnival and they were all much nicer ships and older than the Grandeur. It was clean but just old looking and need paint in varous places.

Hard bed but room was nice and so was the staff.
The myan ruins were beautiful but too long a ride and not enough time checking the place out. We had to follow our guides through long walks in parking lots and street crossings. We got a box lunch that wasn't the best and high sugar for a diabetic. The short time on this tour was a waste of our money and wish we could have spent more time seeing the ruins. The cost of things in Mexico was 10 times higher than a couple years ago. I didn't buy hardly anthing.
Wasn't much for me there but the water was beautiful. Wish we had brought our fins and snorkel.

Pros: We liked the walk around the ship, the constant meals, the frozen yogurt, the sugar free desserts, the lobster and endless shrimp cocktail, the 4 hot tubs, the many activities, and the price especially!!

Cons: The shows with the dancers were ordinary, the bed was hard, some of the dinners were just so so, the tour to the Mayan ruins was liste as a 45 minute ride and the total tour time was 6.5 hours but it took us 3 hours to arrive and we only had 1 hour to visit the whole place . Ship ok. RC a disappoi

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.