Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not impressed

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

My husband and I have cruised on well over 20+ cruise, this was our second time on RCI. We cruised the Med a couple of years ago on a different RCI ship and had an amazing time.
I booked this cruise with 3 other coupes so I felt responsible for all that went wrong. Some of the complaints were dirty dishes/glasses were left behind after the cabin was "cleaned." All 4 cabins shared the same cabin stewart and the cleaning was inconsistent. I doubt we will book another RCI cruise and we cruise every year... Holland America has been the best.

Pros: The quality of bar drinks were top notch & service wonderful

Cons: Food was boring, only had one very crowded bathroom (3 stalls) located by the pool

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.

The design of the ship pool bathroom location was not thought through. It had 3 stalls, one was handicap, and it had two seperate entrances. Made for chaos! Always crowded. We were told there was another one "up a flight of stairs" or you can back to your cabin. Nice... The ship is beautiful, aging, but still nice.
Food was not impressive at all. Nothing special. Several in our group tried the steak on two occasions, both times the meat was tough. Windjammer had a large buffet selection but it seemed as though they were more about large quantities rather then great quality. Just not that great....
Our cabin was fairly pretty clean, but others in our group had very different experiences. Not a lot of effort placed in maintaining them.... We normally stay in suites but booked oceanviews to keep the group together for cost purposes. We will go back to suites....even though i hate to think that is why service is always so wonderful. We are not demanding at all...rarely make requests of any kind and enjoy having fun conversations with the staff...
To each there own... There was one "adult" show that I coul have lived w/o. If i want to go to a show that gets raunchy where woman from the audience are encouraged to remove their tops (and they did) then I will go back to Vegas. Saw one comedy show which was good.... Otherwise...pass...
OK....pool wait staff was really great. Diningroom wait staff was great. Most of the other staff was indifferent.