Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not so great

Sail Date: March 13, 2008

The ship was okay; it seems a little worn and the designs were woefully outdated. Mostly, my biggest complaint was with the pool--it was SO small and was crowded all the time. I believe the ship holds about 2,500 people and the pool can comfortably accommodate 25. The bars/lounges were nice, as were the restaurants. The staterooms were really small but that's to be expected.

We had a million Spring Breakers on our cruise--the first night of the cruise, there was a fight at the pool and when we got to Key West, 18 kids were thrown off the boat. It set the tone for the cruise and really didn't improve from there on out. It was a first cruise for my husband and I and I can't imagine a scenario where I would go on another cruise. It's like being in line at Disney World and all the annoying people that are on line with you for the rides are at your hotel, in the pool, at the bar, in the restaurants, at the shows, etc. There is literally no escape.

My husband and I are in our 30's with no kids. There were precious few other passengers in this age range. There were a lot of spring Break kids, families with small children and senior citizens.

It just wasn't a good experience.

Pros: Bar staff

Cons: Food, pool, other passengers, etc.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.

Everything was very clean. Again, decor was circa 1990.
They definitely prize quantity over quality. Enough said.
Small stateroom but they pack a lot into a small space. They need hooks, though, there is no where to hang stuff, either in the closet or in the stateroom, like purses, etc.
Most of the staff was quite nice, remembered names, etc.
They really push the bingo--it's kinda absurd.
Went snorkeling, it was okay. The water was very choppy, though, and all the tour companies congregate in the same area so there are a million snorkelers in one part of the water, along with their boars, and no fish because of all the activity in the water.
Key West, Florida
Kew West was nice, weren't there very long--just walked around, had lunch and did some shopping. It was very pretty, though.