Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Where's the lobster??

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

The only other complaint is that for our last meal...there was roast turkey.. I didn't come 1500 miles to eat turkey...I can do that at home...Again no lobster and no gala grand buffet...What they called the grand buffet in the Windjammer dining room doesn't come close. Also, our mahi-mahi tempura and veggies was bland, soggy and tasteless...Not good for a final meal...otherwise the food was an 8 out of 10. ( for the lobster and gala buffet) The staff was wonderful...they bent over backwards to please.. We will cruise with them again but we brought first time cruisers with us, so it was a let down about the gala buffet...If they are cost cutting...fine...charge me $20 more and give me the lobster and not roast turkey.

Pros: We loved the ship...not to big, pretty, not overcrowded, plenty of deck space, party pool area and quiet solarium for nap time. We didn't have small children but the small ones seemed to love it including their pirate review number for us in the dining room.

Cons: No grand gala buffet where you take pictures first and then eat like they have on other ships... Talked to our waiter and it seems to have been canceled on all the ships from corporate. Also no lobster tail. Sorry , lobster bisque doesn't count.

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? Yes!

In the brochure you see a yoga class in progress and I specifically brought clothes hoping to take a class every day, they even have yoga clothes to buy...but no classes were yoga instructor on board.