My first cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Grandeur of the Seas

4 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)

Sail Date: March 30, 2006

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Review Summary

In one word: ELEGANT. It was never overcrowded, and I was never uncomfortable...totally relaxing. We had wished it to be a longer cruise. I was apprehensive to go on a cruise, but was talked in to it...and glad I was. I was prepared for the worst - wrist bands, doctor's patches, dramamine, etc, but not once did I need anything. It was a piece of cake. I loved it all. And, I had no fears, nor sickness.

Ship Experiences

We enjoyed the Great Gatsby and variety of foods to choose from. My husband bragged about his steaks; desserts were very tasty. We picked the early dining times, and glad we did, so we had ample time for entertainment in the evenings. Go for the room service at midnight - the pizza was tasty, and the milk and cookies the best.....a cool treat for a bed time snack. And, make the midnight buffet in the Great Gatsby a priority.. You will be amazed.

Really enjoyed the nightly music.

Our stateroom attendant was very nice, thorough, and creative(with towels, pillows, etc). Special accolades to the wait staff at the serve-yourself buffets - they would help get and carry drinks, etc when my hands were full, so I wouldn't have to make an extra trip.

Our family was impressed by the overall cleanliness. And, even tho this was a large ship, all activities were easy to get to. We were very impressed by the atrium.

I was a little worried about our stateroom, but to no avail. It was cozy and adequate, with plenty of storage for our clothes, etc. One of our family members had a deluxe stateroom with balcony, and she loved it.

Ports Of Call

We spent most of the day at Paradise Beach (it was recommended). Beach and water beautiful. Did a little window shopping, but that was not impressive.

Pros: Great Gatsby dining room and excellent wait staff, , beautiful midnight buffet, swimming pools and open decks, nightly shows and piano/combo bars, and especially the gift shops.

Cons: Art auctions. A bit too much.