Relaxing Vacation

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Grand Princess

10 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 24, 2018

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin Number: D409

Review Summary

I enjoyed this itinerary more this time because I was able to relax. I didn't go to any of the night shows or trivia games. I just wanted to relax and that's what I did. The staff was nice. Our stateroom was perfect. The seas were much calmer this time than the previous times I've cruised. Typically, the water at the northern border of California gets really choppy but it wasn't too bad this time. I enjoyed the salmon bake in Juneau. Mom and I chose to walk around Haines and it was so nice. The wet weather didn't bother me. I really wish the shore time in Victoria was longer because it is my favorite port.

Embarkation

Embarkation went fast for me. We were supposed to board at 1:30 but when we got there at 11:30, we were able to board as soon as we checked in.

Ship Experiences

Crown Grill

The service was excellent. They were very accommodating to my mom and me, who both have food allergies. When I requested a dessert (vanilla ice cream with fresh berries) not on the menu, they said yes and got me the dessert I requested.

Horizon Court

I always choose the buffet because the variety is better than in the main dining room. I can't eat shellfish and the buffet had a lot of non-seafood options. The pastry chef was patient when asking about allergens in specific items.

Be prepared to relax and be around a lof of families. If you are looking to party hard, this is not the itinerary for you.

Ports Of Call