Grand Princess Cruise Review

Grand Princess

Sail Date: October 29, 2016

Ship: Grand Princess

Review Summary

Sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii 15 day cruise. Started in October and it was cool in San Francisco as can be expected. As we sailed out of the harbour, under the Golden Gate bridge, it was surreal. The next few days, all at sea were amazing. Our cruise included the beverage package and we USED it! Dancing, singing, drinking, eating, shows! All fabulous. I love the outdoor grill area, seems this was my first time with Princess. None of the other cruise lines I have traveled with before have this. I could get a burger without it being a hockey pick! Lol Hawaii was wonderful, I had been to Oahu before, but not the other islands. On Oahu, we rented a car, since I was familiar with the island. Walked two blocks from the ship to car rental was back to pick up my companions before ship finished disembarking. We went to Pearl Harbor first, I had prearranged tickets and headsets $9/person. Then we went to the Polynesian Village (also had prearranged tickets, including dinner) only disappointment was having to leave last show before it was over to make sure we got back to the boat on time, and I'm glad we did! Drop off for rental car ward in a different location, a parking garage that looked like it was just part of the hotel next door. But we made it! Ship cost for either excursion was ferry expensive and you only could do one of them on the day allowed. It would have cost $1200 for the four of us to go just to Polynesian Center. We spent $695 for everything !! Car rental, tips, tickets and uber back to the boat from rental drop off. Plus our famous stop at a shrimp truck! A must do!