Grand Princess Cruise Review

Grand Princess

Sail Date: August 26, 2017

Ship: Grand Princess

Review Summary

Hey everyone - we’re late with this review considering this cruise was months ago, but I finally got around to scanning patters (eek!) so here goes. The 10 night itinerary is a big improvement over the seven night Alaska experience. I really enjoy the extra time even if it’s mostly spent at sea. The Dining And room stewards were exceptional on this sailing. We would see our room steward exercising during the daylight hours which I found surprising- I have no idea how he had energy left after cleaning all the rooms in our section. LOL. We had sunny beautiful weather in Ketchikan and went to the Alaska rain forest sanctuary and on the bear walk. I recommend a bug spray if you’re going to go on this excursion. In Juneau we did a tour which combined the salmon bake, whale watching tour, and mendenhall glacier. It was beautiful but a bit rushed. At the end of that tour we still had extra time so we ventured up the Mount Roberts tram and went for a hike. It was beautiful and dramatic. A little bit too pricey, but the views were worth it. In Skagway we took the train. It was the highlight of our journey. I would do it again and again - even on a rainy cloudy day. In Victoria we didn’t have much time so we opted for high tea at the Pendray teahouse at the Gatsby mansion. More affordable than tea at the empress and a lovely experience. The food was above average. My favorite menu item was on the second to last night- Crab legs. A giant heaping bowl of them, halved and ready to peel the meat from. Incredibly high quality- aah! So wonderful. You know how some people order multiple lobster tails? I would’ve been the girl asking for another bowl of crab, if I wasn’t stuffed! Overall it was a delightful cruise. We booked an inside cabin and well we missed having a balcony we saved a few thousand dollars and enjoyed the back terrace attack near the adults only pool when we needed to escape for some fresh air. Here are the patters and a few photos can be found on my profile :-) see you on the high seas! Sheri http://www.cruisetipstv.com/download-grand-princess-patters-10-night-alaska-cruise/