Cruising Alaska August 2017

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Grand Princess

10 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord (San Francisco Roundtrip)

Sail Date: August 16, 2017

Ship: Grand Princess

Cabin Number: D-219

Review Summary

We had a great time on this cruise with our friends. I didn't go with expectations. The excursions were good, albeit short. Balancing all, if you want to cruise without flying first (we drove up from Ventura, CA), I would recommend the Grand Princess for an Alaskan cruise.

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

We had a mini-suite with a balcony that I highly recommend. The room was spacious for a ship cabin. The bed was very comfortable. Room service is very good and prompt. I would improve the light in the bathroom, it is dark in the shower and the light has a yellow cast that makes one look ill. The couch is very hard and needs the pillows from the bed to be comfortable. Electronics in the cabin are very dated but work. If you need your hair to dry, bring your own hair dryer. I loved the balcony that blocks the wind really well. The balcony also opens to the next cabin balcony.

Electronics in the cabin are very dated but work. If you need your hair to dry, bring your own hair dryer. We also had the all-inclusive beverage package that made our trip extra special. Water in the stateroom bar is very expensive, so get your water from the bar and bring it to your cabin. Also, room service after your breakfast is expensive.

Ports Of Call

San Francisco, California

Ketchikan, Alaska

We went to Saxman Village. The visit was very enjoyable.

Juneau, Alaska

We went to Mendelhall Glacier. I would have liked to have more time to hike. I felt rushed. Our bus driver, JP was wonderful and knowledgeable.

Skagway, Alaska

The train ride is a lot of fun.

Victoria, British Columbia Did not visit port

We stayed onboard in Victoria because there wasn't enough time to explore.

Disembarkation