Grand Princess Cruise Review

Grand Princess

Sail Date: May 08, 2017

Ship: Grand Princess

Review Summary

Accommodations were wonderful. We (my sister and I) got a Mini-Suite on Dolphin deck and our cabin steward was on top of everything. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was huge, as compared to other ships on which I've sailed. Our balcony was also large and enjoyable, particularly being on Starboard side so we could see us docking in port (I love that part)! The Crown Grille food and service was wonderful, and the Pizzeria had great pizzas and fun servers, but the food in the dining room and the buffet was inconsistent and largely disappointing, as was our wait staff. The food never tasted fresh and got worse as the cruise went on. There was nothing particularly special about any of the menu selections at dinner, but lunches were a bit better. The soufflé desserts in the dining room all were delicious and offered a bright spot at the evening meal, as did our table mates. The lectures by the Naturalist were very informative, the Casino staff was tons of fun and we enjoyed all of our tours. I can't say enough great things about the "Taste of Juneau Walking Tour" and "White Pass Scenic Railway". Both were awesome! I got a great haircut in the salon. It was a very nice cruise, all-in-all, but Princess needs to up its game on the food next time for me to give more stars.