Alaska Adventure

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

10 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord (San Francisco Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 21, 2016
Ship: Grand Princess
Cabin Number: L209

this was a rewarding trip, even for the my third time to Alaska. The Adventure River Trip out of Haines was thrilling with some wildlife thrown in. However, the Tracy Arm glacier cruising was a let down. There was no real announcement as to when the viewing will take place. Had I not woken up at my usual time, I would have missed it. Later I discovered that there was a small byline in the Princess Patter that we would be in the fjord from 6:00am until 10:00 am.

stay away from the cabins on Lido deck forward, the ship's bridge will block your view ahead

be prepared to get up very early and dress warmly
short stay, don't attempt to walk into town