Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

First experience

Sail Date: June 15, 2014

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I are in our 60's and this was our first cruise. Consequently we can't compare it to other cruise lines (yet). However, we had the mini suite which was pleasantly large and spacious for our needs. We loved the balcony but unfortunately the cruise was fairly cold and windy and we weren't able to sit out on it much.  Mattress was horribly uncomfortable and both my husband and I did not sleep well because we had such back aches from it.

What we were disappointed in was the entertainment. On our cruise you spend nearly 3 days at sea which can become very boring. The entertainment was odd at best and designed for older people at worst. How to fold towels? Learning about jewelry stones? It was far too cold to watch "Movie under the Stars" and the entertainment shows were ridiculously short - 30 minutes for the British Invasion - a bad comedy act. There is an indoor movie theatre but they only showed 1 movie there during the entire trip. They had only a couple of shops and 90% were jewelry stores.

They reason i rated this trip higher was because we really enjoyed the port stops, the food was excellent on board and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We are hooked on the idea of cruising but I think we may try out other cruise lines to see how they compare.

Ship was very nice but aisles throughout we're constantly cluttered with towel carts. This made it very difficult to move about (husband used cane)
Food was great but be careful in the buffet. I burned myself very badly on the heat lamp when someone bumped into me. It took 10 days to heal.
Cabin was wonderful except for the mattress which was very lumpy and uncomfortable
The waiters during our dinner (Gerry and Carlo) we're incredible. Everyone at our table wanted to take them home. They were excellent, personable and funny.
Terrible entertainment
No kids with us
Terrible on board activities for adults
Excellent - had a great time
Seattle, Washington
Stayed at Marriott on Waterfront and was an excellent experience.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Beautiful town. Took a float plane - what an awesome experience
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Beautiful - got great pic
Juneau, Alaska
Went whale watching - loved it. Town was beautiful and had a great time
Skagway, Alaska
Loved Skagway. Went rafting.
Victoria, British Columbia
Not sure why we stop here at 7:00 at night. It's only 78 miles to Seattle so seemed like a waste of time

Princess offers to give you your boarding pass and deliver your luggage directly to the airline for $20 per person. You don't see your luggage from the time you put your luggage out into the hallway until you arrive home. Got through the off-boarding process in 30 minutes! Loved it.