Grand Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

My Celebrated 29th Anniversary Cruise!

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

Our wonderful voyage on the Grand Princess began in the very picturesque Venice where we boarded the ship. It was at that moment we had a taste of shipboard life-relaxing, unwinding style with a great crew. I knew once we unpacked that this would make a great impression on my husband as we have not been able to take a summer anniversary together in 29 years due to his busy tournament schedule. We lounged on our balcony, enjoyed the pool areas, movies under the stars never worrying about having to relocate and packing from place to place. Our shore excursions with very knowledgable tour guides filled us with more information and left us in awe and thanks to the pictures we took we have a lifetime of enjoyment just looking back. Our travel agent provided us with a lovely surprise a champagne breakfast which we enjoyed on our balcony. My husband had just had surgery on his shoulder and used the pool and gym facilities for his therapy. We loved the flexibility in our dining time and were very impressed with the restaurants Michaelangelo and Da Vinci's, their varied menus and delicious food. We usually had a drink of wine with our meals and we were greatly surprised and impressed that we could buy a bottle of wine and they would recork and store for us for the next meal. The entertainment we enjoyed nightly but due to all the fresh air and active days I did not manage to stay for the whole show but well worth seeing. Since this was our first cruise to the Mediterranean I was impressed that my husband enjoyed it so much he signed up for the Princess Circle and we plan on taking other cruises.

Pros: The variety of ports visited and no need to pack and unpack!

Cons: Can't think of a thing or maybe laundry facilities were a little small but this was a minor issue.