Grand Princess Cruise Review

This was my wife and my second cruise, both have been on Grand Princess. Last trip we took was to the Western Caribbean. We definitely enjoyed this cruise 10 times better. The first time we didn't enjoy the food, entertainment, or the ports of call as much. Service was great in the dining halls and our room steward was wonderful. Getting off and on the ship was fast and easy. This cruise we booked a cabin with partial obstruction. The partial obstruction was a giant tender boat that took up 85% of our view. The first cruise we had a balcony room. I will never book anything other than a balcony. It is definitely worth the money. It is your own private deck.First the Food:Last trip we were new to cruising. We ate too many times at the buffet. I find once is too much. One of my only complaints is that the food on the buffet is very poor. You can get much better quality in any stateside buffet restaurant. I would recommend that you eat in the dining halls as much as possible. The food in there is great. Service in the halls is 10 times better than the buffet.Second the Entertainment:This cruise we we're having a hard time trying to see all the shows. We made sure to catch all the comedy shows. I would recommend the hypnosis comedian. We saw three of his shows. The other comedians were also great. Finally, Ports of CallThis cruise we felt both St. Thomas and St. Martin were great. So much more laid back. People on the ship rant and rave about the shopping, but I think that is way overrated. Most of the products you can buy on the island, you can buy on the Internet at the same price. The only exception is the liquor and some jewelry.The bad:Tour desk was very rude when we tried to cancel an excursion that we found out was way over priced. We paid $45 to go snorkel in Trunk Bay. You can do the same thing on your own for $15. I would definitely recommend snorkeling there.