Grand Princess Cruise Review

After reading all the hype on the Princess message board on another website, we were prepared for an incredible experience on the Grand recently. I was told Princess' embarkation and disembarkation procedures were the best in the industry. What a joke! One solid hour from the curb to setting foot on the ship and 2 hours to get off the ship! While the pools were gorgeous, the rest of the ship was not as great as I thought it would be and the first day, I noticed a smell of sewage in the halls.Food was very good, but not great. I've had way better on Carnival. I didn't like the pumpkin soup. Service was excellent, a little better than the other three lines I've been on. Best muster drill I've seen yet. More informative of what to do in an emergency than any other I've been to. Drink service the first two days was REALLY slow, but improved as the week went on. We had Personal Choice Dining, which we really liked. I don't think I'll ever want to have dinner with strangers again. We always had our own table. Shore excursions were really overpriced, so we only did one in Cozumel, the Sail and Snorkel, and it was awesome! We had a blast! I highly recommend it. Another plus was the lack of kids on board. There were hardly any.This cruise would be suitable for older people or people who don't need much excitement and go to bed early every night, as the ship is dead after 11:00 at night. Not a lot of choices to go for a drink at night either. Even my elderly mother was bored.All in all, we were very disappointed. I think Carnival and Royal Caribbean have a much better product.