Grand Princess Cruise Review

This cruise on the Grand Princess was our 5th cruise and second with Princess. I would have to rate the kids' program as average. We have a 7-year-old son and he was a bit bored at times with too many movies and not enough activities. Maybe splitting up the age groups a bit more might help matters. His age group was 3 to 7-year-olds. If they made the groups 3-5 and 6-8, and 9-12 I think they could have done more with the groups. I have been on RCI with our son and they did many more things with the kids and he was never bored.The breakfast and lunch buffet were great, with large selections of food to choose from. The dinners in the dining rooms were very average. I would have to rate it the least memorable of all our cruises. Average taste and the menu did not seem to have much in terms of variety. I was tempted to just go to the buffet or have some of their fantastic pizza by the pool, which was great. Very popular.The entertainment was also average. We had a couple good shows but most nights they seemed to have a show in one place and a movie running in another. I can go to a movie anytime and would rather that they had a show in each place so that we could see two per evening.The ship was very nice in terms of decor, three good size pools and a small adult only pool. The only thing we found was that finding a place to sit near a pool was near impossible on days at sea. People would put their towels on chairs and leave them all day long, even if they never seemed to be at the chair. There could also be someone monitoring the pool areas for a couple reasons. I have a child, so I know that kids can get wild, and at one point kids were running and jumping over people into the pool. It was very crowded so it was getting dangerous and no adult seemed to be around to tell their child not to do it. They need to be sure that children are being watched by parents, or take them out of the pool if they are not being safe.I also had a problem with people smoking all over the ship. There were signs posted on tables and people would still be smoking. Someone has to take responsibility and inform people where they can and cannot smoke. There seemed to be a lot of people smoking on this particular cruise. Maybe if they only allowed it on the top pool deck, where it is open air, it would be helpful. I would just stay away from that area. At times I had to move because I have a hard time with smoke.Overall, I would rate this cruise as average.