Grand Princess Cruise Review

Just returned from the Jan. 5th-12th sailing, which was a great experience for the entire group of friends and family we cruised with. My wife and I weren't sure if traveling with our group of first time cruisers would be a sucess, but Princess helped to prove to them that cruising is a great vacation choice. This was the largest ship and 6th cruise that we've experienced. The number of possible passengers I thought would be troublesome, but we were wrong. At no time did we feel crowded with the various choice of shows, pools, activities and dining options. The traditional dining room service we thought was fair at best so we went to Personal Choice and both nights had a great dining experience. As usual, you have many choices with the tasty food selections. Everyone thought the desserts could have been better. The coffee wasn't that great as I would have thought it should be. Yes, you can bring wine or champagne on board with no problem.All our room stewards (5 rooms) were great and we were all separated on different floors. Sorry, no towel animals, but I'll take a friendly and extra clean room anytime. If you left for 30 minutes the bed was straightened again. Our mini-suite was a great choice for us with a reasonable price being we had family and friends that usually visited before dining or ports. A lot of space in the room with a large balcony plus 4 chairs (which usually there is only 2).The comedian shows and cruise director Tim were outstanding. Never did see any movies or dance shows but that was our choice. The Sky disco was excellent with a great DJ. The only complaint would be a better smoke ventilation system to enhance the condition for non-smokers.Again, I would recommend this ship for most cruisers becuase it had plenty of options for everyone, plus we never felt like their is over 2,500 passengers and an additional 200 children on board during our entire cruise.