Grand Princess Cruise Review

We cruised the Western Caribbean from April 28 to May 5. I took care of all the arrangements online and read all the reviews posted here to get an idea of what I could expect. For my wife and I, it was our first cruise, celebrating 25 years of marriage.It will not be our last cruise.The ship was very clean and though full, we never felt exceptionally crowded. The only area of the ship that is a little tight is the area where the photos are displayed. Make sure you buy your photos as soon as possible to avoid the last-minute lines.We had a balcony room on the Caribe deck and was very happy with the size and comfort.The only downer was that the Horizon Restaurant (for breakfast and lunch) was on the other side of the ship. As it turned out, that was a positive because my wife and I did not use the elevators (the elevators were not a positive experience - long waits), so we did a lot of walking and climbing and wound up keeping our weight down.The food was very good, Sabatinis was excellent. The Painted Desert was fair.The shows were very good and we never had a problem getting a seat. The cruise director was Graham Seymour and he was excellent. Actually, the whole staff was excellent.We missed Costa Maya because we couldn't dock there, but stopped at Princess Cays (a great little island, bring your snorkeling equipment), Grand Cayman (the turtle farm and Hell was so, so, but Seven Mile Beach is a must),and Cozumel. XCaret is a great place, so consider the day trip.The shopping is close to the Port. Check out Viva Mexico, good prices and no negotiation.Overall, this was a wonderful ship and I would not hesitate going on the same one again!